Science Granting Councils Initiative (SGCI): Theme 3
The SGCI is a multi-funder initiative that aims to strengthen the capacities of 15 science granting councils in Sub-Saharan Africa in order to support research and evidence-based policies that will contribute to economic and social development. The SGCI contributes to strengthening the ability of science granting councils to:
- Manage research;
- Design and monitor research programmes based on the use of robust science, technology and innovation (STI) indicators;
- Support knowledge exchange with the private sector; and
- Establish partnerships between Science Granting Councils and other science system actors.
Theme 3 of the Initiative is about ‘Partnerships and Private Sector Engagements’. The activities of this theme focus on supporting councils to establish partnerships with other Councils and to foster public-private linkages in research for accelerated socio-economic development. The objectives are:
- To conduct baseline studies, identify research priorities and support research projects
- To support commissioned studies
- To strengthen capacity of SGCs in coordination, regulation and quality assurance
- To strengthen capacity of SGCs in designing cooperation agreements
- To support knowledge exchange and learning
STIPRO is a member of the ACTS Consortium, which is the collaborating technical agency (CTA) for Theme 3.
For more info, please visit: https://sgciafrica.org/en-za/about-sgci/Pages/Partnerships-and-private-sector-engagement.aspx